CBD use is growing around the country. Due to its health benefits and non-psychoactive attributes, many people are enjoying CBD’s positive effects – including seniors.
However, there are still many seniors that are not aware of how CBD can benefit their lives.
Unlike marijuana, CBD doesn’t get you high.
CBD comes in many forms such as creams, gummies, and capsules, with oils and tinctures being the most popular.
The following are eight ways CBD can benefit seniors:
Some studies have found that CBD may be effective in treating:
- Nerve pain
A study suggested that CBD may:
- Help heal fractures
- Support healthier bones
- Be useful for patients with multiple sclerosis
CBD is known for:
- Soothing effects
- Promoting feelings of energy
- Acts against inertia
- Strengthens cells in the body and supports complete regeneration
- Promotes a sense of vigilance
- Has stronger antioxidant properties than Vitamin C & E
Research suggests there is a link between CBD and the treatment of glaucoma.
- Is a neurodegenerative disease
- Causes intraocular pressure in the eye
- Affects sight, can lead to permanent vision loss
CBD may reduce pressure and work as a pain management tool.
Insomnia and Sleep Problems
Sleep is essential when it comes to preventing Alzheimer’s, glaucoma, and other age-related neurodegenerative diseases. CBD can:
- Help extend the deep sleep phase
- Reduce the lighter sleeping phases
Alternative to Prescriptions
Many seniors use prescription medicine to deal with their health issues. CBD is a great option for these seniors because:
- CBD may work as a substitute for certain medications
- Is completely natural
- Has fewer side effects
- Has low-to-no addiction traits
- Can be used to combat drug addiction
- Has no documented cases of overdose
Seniors may often suffer from loss of appetite, which can lead to:
- Weight loss
- Weakened tissue
- Mental issues
CBD can help those seniors regain their sense of appetite by stimulating it.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Current studies are researching how CBD and cannabinoids may be able to help eliminate a toxic protein related to Alzheimer’s.
CBD has many health benefits that everyone can experience, including seniors.
However, it’s important to talk with your doctor before taking CBD.
This is especially true if you’re taking medicine, as CBD may have an interaction with your medication.