CBD could help treat hypertension. The latest research suggests there may be a link between CBD oil and lowering your blood pressure.
Hypertension, or chronic high blood pressure, is one of the most common conditions in the U.S.
It can lead to serious cardiac events like heart attacks and strokes.
While the common route is to take medicine to lower hypertension, there might be a more natural approach in the form of CBD.
- Consistent use of CBD can reduce blood pressure in the short-term
- More research is needed to confirm CBD as a long-term treatment for hypertension
Lower Blood Pressure
According to research, a single dose of CBD reliably lowers blood pressure, which is great news for those suffering from high blood pressure.
While there is potential, the research doesn’t say anything about chronic hypertension.
No studies have been done to test the effect of CBD as a long-term treatment for high blood pressure.
The following are some of the results seen in different studies:
- 2012: CBD has anxiety reduction and vasodilation effects, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics
- 2017: Single dose of CBD lowers blood pressure in healthy male adults
- 2019: CBD reduces stress and anxiety, which indirectly affects blood pressure
While there is optimism, we still need more research to conclusively determine if CBD is an effective, long-term treatment for hypertension.
CBD may also interact with hypertension medications, which is why you should always consult your doctor before taking CBD.
Jon Marsh, a cannabis activist, says that “THC lowers blood pressure, usually across the board. So, just be aware of it; too low is not good.”
Other natural ways of treating blood pressure include:
- Lowering stress levels
- Limiting/avoiding alcohol and smoking
- Healthy diet
- Regular exercise
Lifestyle changes will have a long-term impact when it comes to blood pressure and your overall health.